Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 24- Week 3 update

Last night was my third meeting with SFT (Sargent Fake Tits).  I was pretty damn nervous to go, I hadn't written down a single thing that I ate last week.  I ate better (at least I THOUGHT I did),  I still didn't have any junk food, or excessive carbs during the day, I just didn't have 5 minutes after every meal to type it all into my Ipad.  I am usually eating meals while playing on the floor (aka being a jungle gym for little man).  Thank goodness SFT didn't ask me for my food log, I would have been in trouble!  I did work out more last week though.  As promised, I kicked up by work out to 30 minutes a day, and started to do Pilates as well.  I was feeling much better about the weigh in last night than I was the week before.  I had been working out like a lunatic all week, so I was SURE I lost at least 2-3lbs.  I get to the meeting and weigh in right away, feeling overconfident in my accomplishments for the week, I look down, and I lost 1 lb.  Isn't that a kick in the nuts!  But SFT assured me that 1 lb. is still great, the first week it is normal to drop 3-4 lbs, but its starts to slow to about 1-2 lbs a week after that.  My ego was feeling a little deflated, but hey 1lb is better than no lbs!

Last night's meeting was on carbs, and why they are evil.  After hearing her explanation, and watching the videos that she showed us to scare the shit out of us, I quickly saw that I did not do as great as I could have this week.  I do pretty well with  breakfast, lunch and snacks, but dinner comes and I overload on carbs.  Well, now I know better and need to make that change. I bought a cook book last week that is all about low-carb and healthy food, so I am going to plan our meals from that.  I may even get really brave and take the two little ones grocery shopping with me tomorrow so we can start to eat better ASAP and not have to wait until this weekend when my husband can watch the little people. (if you know me.. you know that taking 2 little people with me to go grocery shopping scares the hell out of me... but ya know what scares me more??  Myself in a bikini right now..)

On a positive note, I do see and feel changes in my body, and that is really what I am looking for.  I have been wearing a lot of yoga pants, and leggings with big sweaters this week, so I haven't really felt how my jeans fit.  After my shower this morning, I put on a pair of my "fat jeans"and they were too big!  I had a good 3 inches around my stomach! Super excited, I ran to my closet to pull out my "medium" jeans that have been WAY too tight since having little lady, and they fit comfortably!!!

I go this weekend for a fat/muscle analysis, so I will see just how much fat I have to lose, and how much muscle I have built by working out every day.  Wish me luck!!

~Richelle

No comments:

Post a Comment