Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 26-Torture

I love my kids.  I love them more than anything in this world.  I love how my little lady is always happy, is quick to smile and loves to laugh.  I love how little man is goofy, will do anything to get his sister to laugh, plays well with other kids, and is just an overall great kid.  Sure there are ups and downs, but I can deal with them.  I can deal with the sleepless nights, the toddler temper tantrums, the piss on the sofa, the spit up, the blow out diapers, the boogie noses, and the house looking like a tornado just went though.

There is one thing about parenthood that is about to make me lose my shit. Cartoons.  When I was growing up, I don't remember my cartoons being nearly as annoying as the crap that is on TV today. (though I am sure if you asked my mom, she would say she was being tortured with the shows my brother and I watched daily.) Now before I get jumped on for allowing my kids to watch T.V, I allow it in moderation.  When little lady is awake, little man and I are playing with her, or I am feeding her, and she doesn't see much of it.  And little man and I have a routine for mornings, and doesn't watch much TV then either.  But in the afternoon, when little man has hit a wall because he refused to take a nap, and the paints have all been painted with, the legos built with, and crayons colored with, I do allow little man to watch some TV.  He used to be happy with what ever I put on, bright colors, music, what is there not to like?  He has recently become incredibly picky.  His choice of shows?  Mickey Mouse Club House, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  I find Jake to not be quite as annoying as Mickey, but OnDemand only has 3 episodes, and I am certain we have seen them all about 200 times.  I am fairly certain we have seen ever episode of Mickey Mouse as well.  The show of Jake isn't too bad, but there are these two grown-ass adult men that sing at the end, and they dance around, it is f*cking annoying as hell.  Last night my husband asked me that if his job was to sing and dance on a child's show, would I still have married him?  I didn't even have to think about it, I told him no way in hell.  And Mickey Mouse is a lazy turd.  He has these "handy helpers" that open the door for him, and do anything he needs done at his house.  Why can't he open his own damn door?  And why can goofy walk upright and talk, but Pluto can not?
Little man insists that if he is awake, and the TV is on, these two shows are the ONLY acceptable programing that he will watch.  They  keep him quiet and entertained, but for me they are pure torture...

No comments:

Post a Comment