Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 47-off the grid

Ok.. so this isn't actually day 47..  I have missed a few days.  My mom was in town and I really just needed a mini-vaction from writing.  But I am back!  I am going to try to keep writing every day,  the longer I go without writing, the more stumped I am for ideas to write about.
It was so nice to have my mom and her fiance here for a few days, we haven't seen any family since we had been home for Christmas.  I was starting to go a little crazy.  We hung at the house saturday, had some MUCH needed drinks saturday night, shopping sunday, followed by a date night Sunday night.  My husband and I actually got out to see an ADULT movie, and dinner without a little person yelling, or taking food off our plate. It was pretty nice!  Yesterday they left, so I was in my usual "post visitor" depression all day.. but today we had a play date so I am feeling OK again.
I will say that I ate like CRAP while my mom was here, so I am REALLY not looking forward to the big weigh-in tonight!!

2 comments:

  1. So nice your mom was up to visit! I always feel better after my family is here too. They will actually be out in 3 weeks to be with Molly while we are in the hospital, I'm so excited to see them! And on another note, I didn't know your mom and Brian were engaged!!! How exciting!! Is this recent, or am I just that outta the loop? Tell them I said congratulations! Your mom is just the nicest lady!! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so exiting that they will be out there soon! It gets isolating being so far from family!! How long will they be there for? Are you getting induced? And yes! They are engaged! I guess it happened over the summer... they are getting married this August, I am really happy for them! I will tell them that you said hi and were asking about them! Good luck with everything at the hospital! I hope all goes very smoothly!!! So exciting!! :)

      Delete