Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 25-A day in the life of our Robbi

We got our dog Robbi when our son was just 2 months old.  Everyone  told us we were crazy for getting a puppy when we had an infant, but little man was a really easy baby, and we wanted our dog, and our kids to grow up together.  Robbi is part lab, part we-have-no-idea.  When we got her she was a ball of energy, and remained that was for the first year and a half, but right around her second birthday she calmed down a whole lot.  Robbi is one of the best investments that we have ever made.  She has the patience of a saint, she is extremely loyal, and very well behaved.  I sometimes think that our little man is pushing his limits with her, but after I tell him to leave her alone she is nudging him and encouraging him to play again.  With two kids, and a house to take care of, Robbi does not always get the attention she deserves, I thought I would just take a few minutes to summarize a day in the life of our sweet Robbi, as seen  though her eyes

6:30~ Dad's alarm clock is going off, I am not quite ready to get up, I will give a low grunt to show my disapproval.
7:00~ Time to get out of bed and go downstairs with dad for breakfast and to go out.
7:30~ Finally!  He left!  Now I can lay on the sofa and hope no one notices!
8:00~Shit!  I hear the rest of the family coming down, I better get off the sofa!
8:30~I  think I will snooze by the back door for a while with my bone tucked under my chin.
8:40-9:40~ Chase the little man around.  He took my bone and is running with it.  Mom keeps yelling at him to give it back because its mine, but he says he is "sharing".. this kid needs a lesson on sharing.
9:45~Finally!  Got my bone back!  Little man is eating and will leave me alone for a bit.
10:00~Annnd he has my bone again.  He is making me go to the basement because mom wants to work out.
10:10~ Little lady is crying, when mom goes up to give her the pacifier, I can sneak up and get back to the back door to snooze.
10:13~Little man is standing downstairs screaming "ROBBI!!  COME DOWNSTAIRS!".. Maybe I can hide for a few more minutes.
10:15~Mom just came down and told me that if I want to live here I better go play with little man... damn it!
10:40~Mom is done working out, quick!  Run the backdoor and sleep!!
10:45~Shit, mom is going upstairs to take a shower, little man took my bone again and is making me go upstairs with him.
10:45-11:15~Chase little man around mom and dad's room,  look for bone, he keeps hiding it under pillows!
11:30-2:30~I get to take a nap!!!  I  thought it would never happen!  But little man is eating lunch, watching a movie, then playing with his little sister.
2:35-4:00~ Another game of chase after little man for the bone, this time he is burying it under couch cushions, then I get in trouble when I dig in the sofa for it!! This is some shit!
4:05-5:30~ Another nap!  Woo-hoo!
5:30-6:15~ Wait at the door for dad to get home.
6:15-6:30~ Go upstairs and chase little man around while Dad is getting changed
6:30-7:00~ Sit under little man's chair and wait until he sneaks me food.
7:00-8:00~ Little man is getting tired, but now I am ready to play.  Maybe if I just keep biting his butt he will come play with me, though he keeps screaming "ROBBI!!! NO BITING MY BUTT!!!!"
8:00~ The kids are asleep, so this means I can try to sneak onto the sofa while mom and dad watch TV, they won't notice, right?
8:10~Shit... they noticed.. guess I have to go lay on my bed
10:30~Time for bed!
1:00, 3:00, 5:00~ little lady keeps waking up, this is annoying me, I should probably give a low grow to show my dissatisfaction, why the hell is the one still waking up 3 times a night?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment