Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 32- GIRLS NIGHT!

Last night little lady was up every hour until 3am, then she ate and went back to sleep until 7:30.  Little man woke up at 6am crying hysterically, when I went into his room he told me he NEEDED his Pluto stuffed animal.. it was clearly an emergency. He went back to sleep, up at 7:30 with little lady.  I am extremely sleep deprived.  To top that off,  the birth control my dr. prescribed for me is giving me some pretty yucky lady problems... On a normal day, all of this would have put me in a horrid, sleepy mood.  But not today.  Tonight is girls night.  The one night a month I get to go out, get dressed up like an actual woman and not a booger-crusted mom.  Last month I had to skip because something else came up, so I haven't had a night away in a few months.
When we lived in NJ, we had a pretty huge circle of friends.  We had plans pretty much every weekend, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  We like to be busy, and since we have moved here our social lives have all but stopped.  Our weekends are not nearly as exciting as they used to be, but I am so thankful that I found a great group of women that I can get out with!  If I didn't find this mommy group I probably would have drowned myself in lake Ontario long ago...
So tonight while little man is refusing to go to bed because he is "too busy".. and little lady is fighting sleep because that is just what she does these days... it won't be my problem, I will be hanging out with a pretty kick-ass group of ladies, and I am pretty damn happy about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment