Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 46-Disclaimer and Apology

A few weeks ago I wrote A letter to moms who bring their sick kids on play dates.. it wasn't pretty.  I was sleep deprived, annoyed, and probably came off like a total bitch.  While I still stand behind everything I said in that letter, I do need to make a disclaimer... and a public apology.

This morning I got an email from a friend that we had a play date with that week.  She was worried that I was talking about her, because she thinks her daughter may have had a slight runny nose that day.  My heart fell to my stomach, I feel terrible that she feels like it was about her.  When I was writing that blog, I meant to put in a disclaimer that it wasn't about any of my friends. I did not even know the moms that I was writing about, they just really pissed me off. We had a few play dates in public places that week as well, play gyms etc.  As a general rule, I don't blog about my friends.  It is so hard to find mommy friends that you really get along with, so if we are friends, I am going to protect that friendship as the rarity that it is, and I promise not to put you on blast on my blog.

So I want to apologize to any friends that I may have offended.. I am truly sorry.. but just know the blogs are not about you!  And if I am not friends with you and I offended you?  Well.. I am ok with that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment