Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 8- A letter to my husband

Dear D-
  I am writing this in my blog because I know that you aren't going to read it, haha. I havent decided if I am going to send it to you or not, I really just  need to vent and don't want to cause waves.

  First of all, I have to preface this by saying that I appreciate all that you do for us.  I appreciate that you work hard so that I can stay home and raise the kids, and so that we can all have nice things.  I appreciate how you never tell little man that you are too tired when you get home from work to play "lions" "dinosaurs" or "ride on daddys head" which is really just his way of saying he wants to sit on your shoulders and fart on the back of your neck.  You know this, and you do it anyway because it makes him smile and laugh.  I appreciate that you always offer to stay up to give little lady her last bottle so I can go to sleep before one of the kids wake me up 3-4 times a night.  You always help out around the house on the weekend, and  I love you so  much for this.  And because you work so hard, I know that a majority of the housework is my responsibility.  I am OK with this.. within reason...
...BUT.. if you EVER leave a pan, crusted with bacon grease (when I wanted pancakes and would have cleaned the griddle myself because GOD FORBID you do it... but no you HAD to have bacon, and got little man to veto my vote for pancakes...) in the sink, with cups, silverware and plates piled on top, I will lose my shit.  Do you have any idea what happens to all the kitchenware that sits in bacon grease?  It then becomes COVERED with grease, so instead of just cleaning the pan, I had to clean a sink full of grease covered dishes... all while little man wanted lunch, and little lady was waking up from her nap.  So... if it happens again, I am going to change the dryer sheets to the ones that you are allergic to, and then act like I have NO idea why you are all itchy with a little rash all over your body...

You have been warned.... well maybe.  This warning is out there, weather you find it or not is on you...

Sincerely,
  Your loving wife <3

1 comment:

  1. Yep, we're on the same wave length ... I would so go berserk on my husband if he did this - in reality, though, and the conversation would be all the above. "Honey, I appreciate [everything] BUT ..." ;)

    http://hamstersfightingoverthewheel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete