Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 10-Post day 1

Yesterday my weight loss challenge officially started. At 7:30 last night, the 10 moms in my mommy group that signed up all left our families, and met up at a bakery to have our first meeting.  I usually can't wait to get out of the house of an activity or two a week, but last night I wasn't feeling it so much.  When I told little man I was going out for a little bit, he looked at me with big brown sad eyes and pleaded "no, mommy, please stay  here!".. Really?!?  He usually doesn't even blink when I say I am leaving, but last night he was feeling like he needed me. Plus, my husband and I had a very important date with Dexter after the kids went to bed! But I made a promise to myself, I was going.  I NEED to get back in shape, so I kissed his little sad face and told him I would see him in a little bit.  I walked into the bakery and was smacked in the face by the smell of freshly baked breads, and a huge display of desserts.  My weaknesses, carbs, and sweets.  I am assuming that our organizer had us meet there as torture.  It is a challenge, so maybe she thought we would break as soon as we walked in the door.  Smart on her part.  As I walk around the corner to our table, I see my fellow competitors, exhausted over worked moms, desperate for a change.  Then I see our instructor, I am going to call her Sargent Fake Tits, because I am certain those ladies weren't real. She was in a tight TIGHT low cut shirt, and tight yoga pants. (I am not sure the need to show most of your tits to a mom group, but all jokes aside, she did look great, and if anyone if commanding this group of exhausted moms, I am glad its her) She was a really sweet girl, and informed us that she was expecting her first baby.  As of now I  think she is sweet anyway, we will see how I feel about her in a few weeks when she starts barking orders and making us ban carbs.  After we all introduced ourselves, and why we were there, she made us get on the scale. YIKES.  It was BAD.  It was private, it wasn't shared with the group, but still.  I never weigh myself after a big dinner!  But seeing that ugly ugly  number made something click in me.  It said, "get off your ass fatty, get a hold of your life!"
Sargent Fake Tits gave us the assignment to go home and throw away anything we shouldn't be eating, and to write down everything that we actually eat.  I took it a step farther and downloaded a weight loss app that you can input all meals and exercising into, and it tells  you how many calories you can eat a day to reach your goal.  For me, my goal is 20 lbs.  Everything I picked up with the intention of eating, I would think "how am I going to explain this to Sargent Fake Tits", so far day one has been only healthy foods. (hopefully I keep that up!)  I found that in order for me to NOT starve, I am going to have to work out every day.  Without working out, my calorie allowance will let me eat about 3 crackers and a peanut.  If you know me, you know that I get grumpy when hungry, so working out is going to be imperative to this mission.  While the kids were napping, I went downstairs and got on my elliptical.  Wholly hell, I am much worse than I though.
At the end of this journey, I am just hoping to be healthier, and to not look so fluffy. Hopefully hormone over-loaded Sargent Fake Tits will be able to keep the motivation up of a group of sleep deprived, over- ran moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment