Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 7- a gray and mommy weekend

This week, our family was invited to go ice skating with a few families that I have become friendly with since living up here. I asked dereck, and he quickly declined from being the on ice parent as he has never been on ice before. So I was up. Since we have had Kadence, it has been a bit of a girls vs boys dynamic in our home. Gray misses his daddy all day, so as soon as he walks in the door from work, gray is glued to him until bed time. But because daddy did not want to look like an ass in front of our new friends we had to switch it up, and it was awesome. Saturday morning Gray and I went shopping for skates and a helmet. It was just me and my little man, just like it was before Kadence. Before I had little lady, I was so worried that he would be upset that I had to split my time, and he has made the adjustment effortlessly... I don't think I anticipated just how much I would miss our alone time together. Today we went ice skating, dereck stayed on the side with Kadence, and Gray and I went out on the ice together. He wasn't too crazy about it at first, but by the end of the hour, he loved it and didn't want to go home. It was so nice to be the parent to be able to be the fun stuff with him for a change... I think we are going to have to make Gray and mommy dates more often. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment