Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 20- Pinterest

I am a busy person, I have 2 kids, I have been trying like hell to work out every day, I belong to a book club, a mommy group, I have a house to tend to, I cook dinner just about every night.  I really do not have many extra minutes in my day, they are pretty booked solid from the time I wake up, until the time I go to sleep.  Any extra time, I really should be cleaning one of the three bathrooms we have, I am pretty sure there is some undiscovered species of gross nastiness in our master bathroom...

Two weeks ago a friend of mine sent me an invite to Pinterest.  I immediately get nervous, any new technology is just exhausting to me.  I would still happily be on myspace, but one of my more tech savvy friends informed me that myspace was no longer cool, and that I needed to get onto Facebook.  That same friend told me that I NEEDED to be on twitter, I signed up, "tweeted" for a week, then just didn't get it.  She then told me I needed Google+, I signed up.. I don't get that either.  I am was completely content in waisting any little bit of time I have left over on Facebook.  Until a new friend of mine (who also has to kids and a laundry list of shit to do every day) sent me the invite to Pinterest, with the email saying "Please, come waist time that we do not have with me."So what did I do?  I joined, because its what the cool kids are doing."

If you don't know what Pinterest is, its basically an online, virtual scrap booking/life organization.  For example, if you see a picture of a cool craft idea, you can "pin" it to one of your boards, and then anyone that is following you can see it as well.  In theory, it sounds stupid, but once your on it and "pinning", it is highly addictive. I am an extremely visual person, I am a painter, drawer, sculptor and photographer, so to me Pinterest is like visual crack. Suddenly I am an avid "do it yourself-er", I see a cool craft and I pin it to my craft board, and am planning out in my head when I will have free time to do it. Just today I was at wal-mart and bought a hot-glue gun.  How am I going to do all of these crafts without this essential tool?!? I almost bought fabric to make a really nifty scarf I saw on it.  (I just didn't like any of the material they had.. plus I have NO f-ing clue how to use a sewing machine)..

Not only do I NOT have the hours to spend just pinning, and browsing on Pinterest, I also do not have the hours of accumulated crafts I have mentally made a list of or the time to learn how to do said crafts.  I have only  been on the site for two weeks, but I can already foresee this as being a problem in the productivity of cleaning my house... maybe I will just get a maid...

No comments:

Post a Comment