Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 11- A letter to my children

Dear little man and little lady,
  I am writing you this letter, because I know there will be a day in the future that you two are going to bicker and fight like cats and dogs.  You won't want to share your toys with one another, and when you do share, you will inevitably fight because one of you won't play by the others rules.  You will  yell, and scream, occasionally try to wrestle your argument into the other. You will swear the other is doing things just to get on your nerves, and sometime you will be right. Inevitably one of you will yell "Im not touching, I'm not touching" while the other screams "MOM!!! ______ is doing it again!!!" Such is the life of siblings, its will drive your father and me crazy, but its normal, and once you are both adults you will like each other again.
  But today, while little lady is just 5 months old, and little man just 2 1/2 months away from 3, you are crazy about each other.  Little man, you will not let me get little lady out of her crib in the morning until you can go into her room, slide your little hand in the crib to hold hers and say "Hi baby Kadence!!  Good morning!!  Mommy, she is so cute!"  When ever it is time for a diaper change, I can not change it until you have hand selected the perfect diaper for her little tushie.  When it is time for her to play on her blanket on the floor, you get mad at me if I pick out toys, because you want to go over to the purple toy box and pick them out yourself, you are absolutely certain that you know which ones are her favorite.  When ever she is eating a bottle, you want to sit next to her, kiss her cheek and remind her of just how cute she is.   You are an amazing big brother, and it melts my heart how much you love your little sister.
  And little lady, the only person that can make you go into a full belly laugh is your big brother.  He will sing, dance, jump up and down, and make funny faces until you are laughing so hard you are squealing. You look up to him with such admiration, he is your favorite person in this whole world.  You watch every move he makes, and are often so intrigued by his antics that I have to fight you to eat your bottle.
  While I know that this admiration and complete adoration of each other will be on and off over the years, I just want you both to know how you started out.  Little man, when your little sister gets on your nerves so much that you just want to lock yourself in your room and ignore her for days, just remember that she looks up to you more than anyone, and always will, no matter how much she says that she can't stand you.  And little lady, as much as your brother will embarrass you, and probably pick on you, just know that if anyone else embarrasses of picks on you, your brother will very quickly defend you, and he always will.  He will always want to protect you, well into adult-hood, even when he swears that you are the most annoying person in the world.
 I am attaching two pictures of the two of you, I probably already have about a hundred, but I wanted to prove that yes, you two love each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment