Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 21-Will I ever sleep again??

Little man was a dream baby, and man do I ever feel like an asshole for not appreciating it!  I read all of the books, so I was convinced that he was sleeping through the night at 7 weeks because I KNEW what I was doing.  (Again... asshole)... When we decided to stop swaddling him, we simply took him out of his swaddling blanket, he fussed for 5-10 minutes, put himself to sleep, and that was the end of it.  Little man would sleep anywhere, any time.  When he was tired, he would just shut his eyes, and that was it, didn't matter if we were at a very loud party, when he was done, he was done.  We were assholes for not truly appreciating just how easy he was, bigger assholes for giving ourselves any credit for it, and the biggest assholes for expecting for little lady to follow suit.
Little lady is a whole other animal.  Figuring out how to get her to sleep at night is a fine science.  Just as soon as we think we have the formula figured out, she changes.  She is almost 6 months old, and I could probably count on one hand how many nights she has slept through the night.  She usually goes to sleep around 7, 7:30, then is up around 10:30 for a bottle.  Up at 3 for the pacifier, 5 to eat, then up for the day at 8.  And that is a good night.  Last night little lady was up every hour, some hours 3 times an hour.  During the day, little lady NEEDS to nap every 2 hours... if we miss it by even 10 minutes, game over.  She JUST started to be able to sleep in her car seat while we are out, and that is only if its a quiet room, if there is a bunch of people around, she is too nosey and wants to see what is going on.  We decided today that today is the day we un-swaddle and let little lady learn to self sooth... I am expecting to be up all night.  I should probably just warn my husband tonight, that there is a pretty good chance that I am going to be extremely grumpy tomorrow.

I am hoping... praying.. begging to God that this is a phase and that we are not every night several times until she goes to college...

No comments:

Post a Comment