Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 12- 10 reasons I am happy its friday

1.  I will have 2 full days of adult interaction!  I can have an entire conversation with my husband without him interrupting me to tell me that he has to poop, he needs a drink or throwing himself on the floor because he didn't agree with something I said.

2. I get to sleep in tomorrow!!  (My husband and I take turns sleeping in on the weekend, it may be one of the best parenting decisions that we made... we are both much happier when well rested)

3. I get to sleep all night tonight! This one goes along with #1, but part of our agreement is that when it is our night to sleep in, we can also sleep all night and not get up with the kids if/when they wake up for the billionth time. On an average night,  I am out of bed 3-4 times.

4. I will no longer be out numbered, man on  man coverage is so much easier when dealing with unreasonable little people!

5.  I get to take two whole showers this weekend where no one is barging into the bathroom, and I can even do my hair and make-up (if I choose to)

6. Tomorrow, I can go to the store to get the next season on Dexter. (Yup, were still obsessed, and we are going to finish season 3 tonight)

7. I can go shopping BY MYSELF and leave the little people with my husband!  The only person I have to worry about getting ready is me!  I can actually leave the house without little man having a complete meltdown when I ask him to put his shoes on, or little lady taking a massive dump as SOON as I put her in the car seat.

8.  On Sunday, little man and I can go ice skating again. I am really excited to see him progress, and so glad that my in laws never taught my husband to ice skate, this is something just for mommy and Gray :)

9.  Sunday morning breakfast!  Need I say more?  Every weekend my husband and I make breakfast together, usually I cook pancakes and he cooks bacon.  Though last weekend he never drained the grease and inspired this blog: A letter to my husband (I am still pretty bitter about it) Also, little man decided he wanted to eat all of the bacon and we got  this picture:

(and YES.. I am still in the weight loss challenge, but damn it I am not giving up Sunday morning breakfast!)

10.  If I want to work out for more than 20 minutes (I am going to have to if I plan on gorging myself full of pancakes and bacon) I can, without having to stop every 5 to ask little man to please sop riding Robbi (our dog) like a horse, please don't hide her bone in the boxes, and please don't yell at her because she doesn't understand the rules of your games, she is just a dog... And then to pick up little man off of the floor because he came to the realization that Robbi is just a dog, and can not understand him.  The communication barrier is unbearable, and totally warrants a full blown temper tantrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment