Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 58-Fitness update, Spinning is AWESOME

So as you know, I am doing P90X with my husband... This Sunday we go into "Phase Two".. which is supposed to be more intense than "Phase One"... I survived the first phase, so I say "bring it!"... I am actually pretty exited about the diet change in the second phase.. I get to add another carb to my diet! Woo hoo!!! :) ... but as if working out 6 days a week in this crazy-ass program wasn't enough, I have also signed up for a spinning class with one of my friends.  When I signed up, I really didn't *want* to sign up... I just really like this friend, she was in need of some motivation, so I thought "why the hell not"... I went last night with a grumpy attitude.. I was SURE I was going to hate it...

We get there.. we get ready, get in the room, the instructor helps us onto our bikes.. I was tired... I just wanted it to be over and to be able to go home and go to bed..... then the music started..and it was GOOD music.  The first song was by "The Muse"... so right away it had me a little pumped... then pretty much every song that came on after that was by a band I liked equally as much.  At one point I thought to myself "Wait a minute... I may ACTUALLY be enjoying this???"  Then.. right that that exact moment... The "Foo Fighters".. I thought.. "nope.. I don't like this.. I FREAKIN LOVE THIS!"... I realize it may be completely ridiculous to love a work out because of the music that is played.. but keep in mind that all day I listen to a variety of "Mickey Mouse Club House", "Jake and the Never Land Pirates", and "The Hulk" music.. so actual ADULT music.. that I LOVED.. was enough to have me hooked.  And the music was so well paired with the work out, that it kept me energized the entire time.  In the 29 years I have been alive, I have never found a work out I actually enjoy, and last night, I found it.  I freakin love spinning!

Now stay tuned to see how it goes along with this P90X craziness...

No comments:

Post a Comment