Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 56- The green snot

We have had a hell of a time making friends up here.  I have met some awesome women in the mommy group I am in.. a few of them I think I would even be friends with outside of motherhood.  But on the weekends, it is usually just my husband, the kids, and I.  We have found that it is really hard to make couple friends.  Most of the people we have met, already have very busy weekends with prior obligations, and busy social circles that existed long before we moved to Canada.  A few months ago I met a really nice woman who lives pretty much right around the corner from us.  Her and her husband are from a different part of Canada, so they don't have many couple friends either.  Last week we were chatting about how difficult it was to make couple friends and decided to get our families together for a BBQ.. which happened last weekend.
While we had a really nice time, and got along really well with the other couple.. I am just not sure if I can talk to them anymore.  They brought over their son sick.  Big green boogers hanging out of the kids nose the entire time he was here.  If you follow my blog.. you KNOW how much I can not stand this.. it is so disrespectful to bring your sick kid into MY home.. with my healthy children.  If she had given me the heads-up that he was sick.. and then I CHOSE to allow him into my home.. that would have been one thing.. but unfortunately that was not the case.  Our family was exposed to "the boogie nose" against our will.  Now myself, and both of the children are sick.  Little man had a rough night the first night.. but is coping pretty well.  I am feeling pretty much like crap... but I can take it.  What really pisses me off.. is that little lady now has her first cold.. and is handling it HORRIBLY.  She was up screaming for an hour and a half in the middle of the night last night... only slept for 1/2 hour this morning (she usually naps for 1 1/2)... and it took me 45 minutes to get her to sleep this afternoon.  The whole time she was screaming.. and looking at me with her big beautiful hazel eyes.. as if to say "Why.. Why did you let this happen to me??!"  She REFUSED to eat.. so I had to feed her the bottle through a medicine dispenser.. which really only pissed her off even more.
I am going to say this one more time... I have said it before in a previous blog.. but if you are a parent who knowingly takes your sick kid to a play date... without giving the other parents a heads-up.. you are a fucking asshole.  I don't care if you think "oh.. its just a little cold.. kids get colds..." if YOU choose to expose my children to illnesses, without the consideration of telling me first.. then I probably shouldn't be friends with you to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment