Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 49- off schedule

When little lady was a new born - about 3 months old, I would dread weekends. Don't get me wrong, I loved the extra help that my husband tried to give, and loved that little man had someone to play with.. But little lady did NOT react well to changes in her schedule. She was used to me giving her every bottle, rocking her for every nap, and being the only one that changed her diapers.. When the weekend came and my husband was more than willing to help out, it just really pissed little lady off. How DARE we deviate from HER schedule! My husband would try to get up with her on the weekends to give me a break, but she refused to eat if it was him holding the bottle. Now at 6 months of age, I can say that she happily allows her dad to help with the feeding, cuddlings, diaper changes, and play time. We have settled into a nice little rhythm up here in out isolation. We (ok I)have been working really hard to find the right balance in little ladies schedule that ends in less tears at bed time, and fewer night wakings. We (I) have read numerous books on baby sleep, and how to achieve it, and this week it seemed like we had a bit of a break through. Little lady is still waking up at night.. But it's less... And we had a full 5 days of no tears at bed time.. It has been glorious.
Last week my mom was up, and little lady had a bit of a rough weekend for sleep, she got up every few hours Friday night HYSTERICAL and only mommy could calm her down. My mom, my step-dad, my husband... All fought the good fight and tried to get little lady to settle, but she was not having it. I chalked it up to the fact that we were still working out the kinks of her sleep plan, and she was adjusting. Then, as soon as they left, she settled back into "happy Kadence" and turned into a far better sleeper than we have yet to see from the little princess. Today my inlaws arrived... Guess who else arrived with them... Angry.. I-don't-want-to-go-to-sleep... And-when-I-do-I-am-going-to-wake-up-hysterical Kadence... Sigh. This little lady is NOT a fan of change... Either that or we just bore the hell out of her, so when new people come to town she refuses to sleep because she doesn't want to miss a second of the fun. Either way.. I am writing this from bed, early, because I am bracing for a night of hysterics from an extremely over sensitive, over stimulated, little love bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment