Monday, November 7, 2011

Little Escape Artist

As I am laying in bed, unwinding from a stressful day (earlier today I wrote that my daughter was over her "night fussies".. Well guess what came back as I juggled my 2 yr old, the dog, and packing for our pending vacation)... I hear my little man banging away in his room. Then I hear his door open (little man has never been one to stay in bed, so we have a "childproof" door handle on his door. And a gate at the door) I get out of bed and go to his room, as soon as I get to get door I hear him sprinting back to his bed. When I walk in he is holding the "childproof" handle in his hands, saying "look mommy, it broke"...
How is it that I have never bought a child proof item that is actually child-proof? From the time little man was little baby, he could get through any baby proofing we put up. Locks on cabinets? He can take them off. Baby gates, he just climbs over. And now the handle protector??One time he actually took the pin out of the hinge of a door. My mom was watching him, walked into his room and he was just holding the 6 inch pin in his hands, smiled at her, and handed to her like some kind of peace offering....
Ooh the joys...

No comments:

Post a Comment