Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fleeting moments

As I lay on my sofa, reading "the happiness project", both of my kids are sleeping. Taking a much needed nap, and both at the same time! I have spent much of this week researching parenting techniques, sleep training, and various other parenting issues. I have mommy blogged, facebooked and emailed friends what they have done with their children that has worked to obtain a night of sleep.. While yes,I would love to get a full nights sleep again, I have to stop and really take in what is happening, life. My kids will never be younger than they are today, they are constantly getting older, and before I know it they will be sleep deprived parents themselves. As I look at little lady sleeping peacefully in her swing, I am reminded that it seemed like just yesterday that little man was in that very swing. There is a quote in the book that says "days are long, but years are short", I find this statement to be so true. I have to stop myself from wishing the not-so-pleasant aspects of parenthood away, because the good far outweighs the bad, and before I know it, these fleeting moments will be distant memories of a peaceful sleeping newborn, and a high-energy toddler who has the whole world figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment