Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Its all his fault

I am not an overly superstitious person, I don't believe that black cats are bad luck, I will walk on cracks, and under ladders.. broken mirrors don't bother me, but there IS one thing I will NOT do. That is to talk about little ladies sleeping patterns when they are good in a god-awful fear that I will jinx it.  My husband tells me I am crazy... he says there is no such thing as "jinxing"... but he is wrong.. and I can prove it.

So last week I wrote about our date night on Wednesday.  Everything fell into place, the kids were in bed early, and we got to have adult conversation, and listen to adult music, and have dinner without little lady spraying us with her food (because she thinks its HILARIOUS) or little man encouraging little lady to spit her entire meal at is by laughing uncontrollably.  It was pretty damn great... well it was going great until my husband brought up how well little lady had been sleeping.  For the entire month before, she had been sleeping a good 11 hours, uninterrupted.  It was GLORIOUS!  I told him I was loving  the sleep, but I didn't want to talk about her sleeping patterns, they were pretty damn wonderful at the moment and I didn't want to go mess them up by talking about them.  Then he said it... the words that I wish I could shove right back down his throat.  He said "Yeah, the sleep has been nice, but I wish she would just get all of her teeth in now so we don't get too used to sleeping, and then have to go back to getting up a lot."... Why.. WHY..WHY would you wish MORE teething on us!?!  Little lady already had 8 teeth.. and she has been pretty damn over-dramatic with each one coming in.. the next to come in should be her molars, and I told him that was going to be hell.  I told him I was perfectly content with her 8 teeth, and am just fine with getting used to the sleep... but his words were already out there in the universe, after he said them there was really no hope for us.  (plus HE isn't the one that gets up with her during the week.. so what does he care if she gets them at once.. he doesn't lose any sleep over it!)

So here we are... a week later.. in the 7th layer of teething hell.  Little lady has been up every night from 1-3 hours SUPER pissed!  She isn't so much crying, as just screaming on the top of her lungs with anger.. as if she is curing her dad for wishing this on us.  When I go in her room to try to calm her down, she is happy as can be to see me, wants to play, talk and sing.. but the minute I try to put her down she has a death grip on my shirt, and SCREAMS like nothing I have ever heard.. at any moment I am really expecting her head to turn all the way around and for pea soup to come spewing out.

Last night my husband slept though the entire 2 hour ordeal... HE did this to us, and he sleeps though it!  What a turd!  He would argue that it is a coincidence.. that there are no "jinxing" sleeping patterns, and that she was going to have to start getting her next teeth sometime soon, that it is only natural... blah blah blah.. but I think I laid my facts out pretty straight here, this is obviously all his fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment