Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Note to Self

This is a blog to remind myself how much I do not enjoy being pregnant, so in a few years, when I have amnesia and think "Oh, it wasn't that bad, lets have another baby!" I can read this.  So this is going to be a letter to myself:
  Dear Richelle,
     If you are looking at this years from today (July 26th, 2011) and thinking you MAY want to have another baby.. I am just warning you, you HATE being pregnant.  YOU are not one of those women who say it is this joyous experience and love every minute of it.  (now I know that not everyone can get pregnant, and I am lucky to be able to carry my own children, just because I do not enjoy this process does not mean that I am not thankful that I can do it).. So let me just remind you that you have maybe enjoyed 3 days of this pregnancy total.
    Through out this pregnancy, you have felt as though an alien has taken over your body.  Before you even found out you were pregnant, you felt that your boobs were going to pop.  Then came the nausea.. and you were one of the lucky ones that never actually threw up.  You just felt like you were going to vomit on everything and everyone for about a month and a half.  It was "magical"... Not to mention that from the very beginning with this one your face has been breaking out worse than it ever did when you were a teenager.
    Also, you were never one of those women who got the "glow"  .. in the beginning you looked like you were going to throw up.. and from the middle on, you have been having such awful hot flashes that you felt like you were going to pass out on a few occasions (remember the trip to the Toronto Zoo)...
     And now.. just 2 weeks from your due date, you are feeling especially wonderful.  You have a baby kicking the hell out of your ribs and stomach so much that the wonderful nausea you had in the beginning is back.  Your back is so sore that Dereck has to rub it pretty much every night.  You have 2 pulled ass muscles.. how that happened.. I have no idea, but when you are walking it feels like someone is walking behind you punching you in the ass.  Its so bad that sometimes it cramps up to the point that you just can not walk.
  And sleep?  I am sure if your reading this.. years from today.. you have forgotten that every night you get up at least 4-5 times to pee.  If your lucky, you can fall back to sleep.. but usually that is not the case. Your up for about 1/2 hour each pee.. by the time you fall back to sleep, you wake up in a panic feeling like you are going to piss your pants again.
  These are just some of the most unpleasant things you have encountered this pregnancy.  You had most of these when you were pregnant with Gray too, but he is such a great kid, and you love him so much that you forgot about most of them because he was WELL worth it!  And I know that this one will be worth it too, but I just wanted to document exactly HOW much you dislike being pregnant just incase you get the baby bug again in a few years!

  sincerely...
      A very very very tired, sleep deprived, uncomfortable Richelle

No comments:

Post a Comment