Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My new blog

I have never really much understood the point of blogging, always kinda felt it was a narcissistic thing to do. Write down your thoughts.. and people will read them because you will be profound and meaningful. People WILL care about what I have to say. So why did I start this blog? Do I think I am a super talented writer that will attract millions of followers? Will my words inspire the next great thinker? No, of course not, I am fully aware that no one will probably read this. So why am I doing this? Because I am a stay at home mom of a 2 year old, and have another one on the way. Because when I was 20 weeks pregnant my husband moved our whole family to Canada, where we know absolutely no one. (Not that I blame him, it was our decision together, he had a great job opportunity that would allow us to save a lot of money, and also allow me to stay at home with our kids) So why the hell would a 28 yr old stay at home mom start a blog? Because I have shit to say, and sometimes no one to say it to other than our 2 yr old. So here I am, posting my thoughts to the Internet, where who the hell knows what will happen to them. What will I talk about on here? Who knows... maybe the trials and tribulations of being a mom, maybe good music, maybe art, maybe what ever the hell I want. Because after all, this is my narcissistic rant...
To start off.. I would like to address the topic of "what I want to be when I grow up".. its a question that we hear over and over as children. Young children always pick such ambitious career choices, a dr, a lawyer, an astronaut.. What did I want to be? I wanted to join the circus. All it took was one trip to the circus, and for me to realize just how much elephant shit stinks, and I changed my mind that I wanted to be a veterinarian. But after a trip to our family vet, and realizing just how much shit vets have to deal with... I abandoned that idea quickly too. (I am now realizing that as a stay at home mom, I probably deal with more shit now than I would have had to in the circus and being a vet.... If your a parent you KNOW.. baby shit gets EVERYWHERE!.. I could probably write an entire post about baby shit, and all of the surprises that come along with it, but I dont think I want to go there right now, maybe in the future...)
So after years of having NO clue what I wanted to be, I decided on being an art teacher. I decided on high school because I though those kids would want to be art class, and I would be working with the next fine artists of america. My students would all be SO well behaved, they would create work that belonged in a museum.... So that is what I did. Became an art teacher.. for 3 1/2 years.. and needless to say, as soon as my husbands job opportunity came up I very happily gave my notice and have not so much as looked back. So here I am.. at 28.. not knowing what I want to be when I grow up. Sure, I love being a stay at home mom, but I am going to have to be working towards something. I do not want to be one of those women who ONLY identify with being a mom, I need more substance in my life. I guess I will try to use this blog as my brainstorming session, to try to figure out this big question of what I want to be when I grow up...

2 comments:

  1. My only suggestion.... change your font color. i nearly went blind reading this. LOL And yes, I did read the whole thing. And no worries about not knowing, sometimes its the not knowing that makes life worth living. Adds spontaneity and fun to some people's otherwise boring lives. Jersey misses you, so I'm glad you decided to blog... makes us feel as though you're still here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice Jess :) Im changing it now! And I mis Jersey and all of the awesome people in it :)

    ReplyDelete